Manufacturer: AFT Pharmaceuticals Ltd, NZ manufactures Calcitriol.
The uses of Calcitriol include:Indications
1. Established postmenopausal osteoporosis.
2. Renal osteodystrophy in patients with chronic renal failure,
particularly those undergoing haemodialysis.
3. Secondary hyperparathyroidism in patients with moderate
to severe chronic renal failure (pre-dialysis).
4. Postsurgical hypoparathyroidism.
5. Idiopathic hypoparathyroidism.
7. Vitamin D-dependent rickets.
8. Hypophosphataemic vitamin D-resistant rickets.
9. Prevention of corticosteroid induced osteoporosis.